Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I REMEMBER

I REMEMBER

I remember a five year old child, who knew nothing about the world outside The outside world which was full of discrimination,anger and hustle. The five year old who only knew the world of eating,play,sleeping and repeat. I REMEMBER when the five year old had all the uncle and antes, the home full of cattles and pets, the sun shines where the wind blow,the laughter followed by the encouraging smile,you never heard anything cry. I REMEMBER when the five year old was turning five,nobody knew that the day was the five year old womb escape day but the five year old REMEMBERED. And I REMEMBER when the five year old bought the sweet aid on that day because the five year old had only 5 cent to spend on that day. I REMEMBER the five year old.

I REMEMBER the eleven year old who knew nothing about the world outside but who knew so much about the family law, The needs to know and life of being together as one. The laws of family come first,the reason of taking care of the siblings and the life of sharing what you have with those who have you..

I THINK I REMEMBER the eleven year old trying to convince the siblings that the mother has only flue forgetting that for the moon and stars to shine  the sky has to turn black than being blue. That's when i remember the eleven year old crucifying the childhood action , to try and make the living beside depending on their grandmothers pension, I REMEMBER the eleven years old waking up ensuring that the siblings are ready to go to school, and the grand mother has everything she needs and the things that she will need when the eleven years old and siblings are in school.

I REMEMBER the eleven years old in class listening at the teacher but thinking about what are they going to eat when they arrive at home. I REMEMBER the eleven year old deciding to be patient because the late NELSON MANDELA said education is the key to success. The eleven years old did not understand the phrase but the eleven years old knew three words in this phrase education,key and success. These three words formed a formula to the eleven year old education + key = success. And that's what the eleven year old glued in the mind until what to remember was being the part of the eleven years old.

After five years the eleven years old was turning sixteen years. I REMEMBER the sixteen years old who knew everything that the five years old never knew, that is the world outside. The world which was full of discrimination,anger and hustle. I REMEMBER the sixteen year old having so much experience about the world that the five year old lived in and the eleven year was shaped in , which is the combination of the world of being independent and caring for others,until the vocation of providing the service to make someone rich for you to service, this is the world that the sixteen year old  had to prove that the past the present and the future work together ,this is the world of discrimination,anger and hustler REMEMBER.

I REMEMBER  in 1956 the march of almost 20 000 women to the Union Buildings in Pretoria that made the first National Women's Day to be celebrated on 9 August 1994.I REMEMBER the release of the first black president in 1994 that made the freedom day to be celebrated in 27 April. I REMEMBER the youth of the twenty first century being the most educated youth compared to the past decade that reminded me of the eleven year old when the eleven year old was in class listening to the teacher but thinking about what they going to eat when they  arrive at home...this made me to question myself what's the point of listening to something if you will not remember it. i remember the five year old ,i remember the eleven year old and i remember the sixteen year old. do you remember where you come from,do you remember what you have been thru do you remember ,do you remember because I REMEMBER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment